Poverty Levels in 2009 & 2010
October 2011 U.S. Survey
This survey, issued in October 2011, provides poverty estimates that represent an important indicator of economic well being. This report used income and household relationship data from the one-year 2009 and 2010 American Community Surveys (ACS), and compared poverty rates for the nation, states, and large metropolitan statistical areas. The report also summarizes the distributions of income-to-poverty ratios for states and the District of Columbia.
The American Community Survey for 2009, released by the U.S. Census Bureau, shows rising poverty in the majority of states, with children much more likely to be poor than other age groups.
- Percent of People Below Poverty Level in Idaho 14.3% link: Poverty by State and County
- Percent of Children Under 18 Years Below Poverty Level in Idaho 18.1% link: Child Poverty by State and County
- Total Poverty Rate in Idaho in 2007 was 12.1% in 2009 it was 14.3% link: Provety by State 2007 and 2009
- Persons Below Half of Official Poverty Threshold in 2000 3.8%, in 2007 4.7% and in 2009 6.0% link: Deep Poverty by State
- Idaho Family Poverty Rate in 2007 was 8.9% and in 2009 it was 9.9% link: Family Poverty by State
- Idaho’s Median Income in 2007 was $44,926 and in 2009 it was $47,848 link: Median Income by State