Weatherization Assistance Program
HOW CAN THIS PROGRAM HELP MY FAMILY?
Weatherization Assistance can include one or more of the following measures for homeowners and renters. Services provided may vary by county.
- Heating Efficiency Measures – designed to improve the operation of the heating system and may include a cleaning and tuning for the furnace, furnace repair, or furnace replacement. The heating system duct system, the delivery system for heat throughout the dwelling, is sealed.
- Conduction Measures – designed to reduce heat loss and gain from the interior/exterior of the unit by installing insulation. Insulation may be installed in the ceiling, walls, heat ducts, floor, and/or water pipes. Other measures installed if energy savings are determined, include but are not limited to, the repair or replacement of windows and doors.
- Infiltration Measures – designed to reduce the air leakage from the home. The purpose is to keep warm air in and cold air out.
- Health & Safety – Air quality testing, heating system diagnostic testing, and general site inspections are performed to identify energy related safety issues which might exist.
- Repair – that may be needed to help preserve or protect the material that has been installed and maintain the structural integrity of the home.
WHO CAN QUALIFY FOR WEATHERIZATION SERVICES?
- Program services are available to both homeowners and renters, with priority given to individuals over 60 years of age, families with children under 6 years of age, and persons with disabilities.
- The Income Criteria for Idaho is set at 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. To find out if you income qualify for this program, click on this link.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE WEATHERIZATION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM?
- To apply for services or to determine eligibility for Weatherization, contact the Weatherization agency providing this service in your area. To find the agency providing this service in your area, click this link: Weatherization Agencies
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WHEN I APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM?
Please inquire of documents that will be requested at the time of your appointment with your local Weatherization agency. Examples of documents that applicants must provide include the following:
- Names/birthdates for all household members
- Social Security numbers for all household members
- Heating Energy Vendor Name/Account number (utility bill)
- Verification of residence address (utility bill)
- Income verification for the previous 3 months (check stubs, SS/SSI award letters, etc)